MI-W vs UP-W Dream11 Prediction & Fan2Play Possible 11 Pitch Report: WPL 2023 Match 15 | MI-W vs UP-W Dream11 Prediction Today | DY Patil Pitch Report
It’s go time for UP Warriorz, and what a test they face today. After becoming the first team to lose to Royal Challengers Bangalore this season, the Warriorz are precariously placed in third spot after Gujarat’s stirring victory over Delhi on Thursday.
To beat the high-flyingand undefeated Mumbai Indians, the Warriorz will be calling on their big guns – namely Alyssa Healy, Tahlia McGrath, Grace Harris and Sophie Ecclestone – to deliver strong performances to cause an upset win.
MI’s dominance in WPL 2023 is highlighted most by their incredible net run rate of 3.325. They have four players in the top ten run-scorers in the league, while they have three of the top five wicket-takers. For Harmanpreet Kaur’s team, continued focus on doing the little things right will be key as they aim to keep momentum going ahead of the finals next week.
- Location: DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai.
- Time: 7:30 (IST).
- For more cricket fixtures around the world, visit Fixture Calendar.
WPL 2023 Match 15: MI-W vs UP-W Possible Playing XIs
Mumbai Indians: 1. Yastika Bhatia (wk), 2. Hayley Matthews, 3. Nat Sciver-Brunt, 4. Harmanpreet Kaur (c), 5. Amelia Kerr, 6. Issy Wong, 7. Humaira Kazi, 8. Dhara Gujjar, 9. Amanjot Kaur, 10. Jintimani Kalita, 11. Saika Ishaque
UP Warriorz: 1. Alyssa Healy (c & wk), 2. Devika Vaidya, 3. Kiran Navgire, 4. Tahlia McGrath, 5. Grace Harris, 6. Simran Shaikh, 7. Deepti Sharma, 8. Shweta Sehrawat, 9. Sophie Ecclestone, 10. Anjali Sarvani, 11. Rajeshwari Gayakwad
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Skipper Harmanpreet Kaur is in excellent touch. She has won player of the match in MI’s last two games, with scores of 53* (33) and 51 (30).
- Nat Sciver-Brunt is MI’s leading run-scorer in WPL 2023. The all-rounder has scored 182 runs at an average of 91.00 and strike rate of 142.18. She also has six wickets.
- Hayley Matthews has produced some superb all-round performances in this tournament. She has ten wickets at a strike rate of 10.2, along with 168 runs at an average of 42.00 and strike rate of 140.00.
- Yastika Bhatia has struck three 40+ scores in a row, including 42 against UP Warriorz.
- Saika Ishaque is having a tournament to remember. She is the leading wicket-taker in WPL 2023, with 12 scalps in five matches at an average of 8.58 and economy of 5.66.
- Alyssa Healy is the fourth-highest run-scorer in WPL 2023 (186). This includes 58 against Mumbai on March 12. She is crucial to UPW’s hopes.
- Tahlia McGrath is a player who can also swing the game in her team’s favour. She hit a half century off 37 balls against Mumbai earlier in this tournament.
- In two innings this season, Grace Harris has scored 105 runs at a strike rate of 181.03.
- Deepti Sharma is taking a wicket every 16.2 deliveries in WPL 2023 (7 wickets).
- Sophie Ecclestone will be key. The left-arm spinner has the third-most wickets in this tournament at an average of 14.33 and strike rate of 13.
Other Stats and Facts
- Mumbai Indians (164/2) beat UP Warriorz (159/6) with 15 balls to spare back on March 12.
- Harmanpreet Kaur struck 53* off 33 balls against Warriorz. Saika Ishaque took 3/33 and Amelia Kerr 2/33.
- UP Warriorz are currently level on points with fourth-placed Gujarat.
DY Patil Sports Academy Pitch Report and Weather
Scores have been on the lower end in recent matches at the DY Patil, with spinners in the contest. The average first innings score in the past four games is just 123.75, with the chasing team winning on all four occasions.
A hot and clear day is forecast in Mumbai, with a top of about 32 degrees.
WPL 2023 Match 15: MI-W vs UP-W Dream11 Prediction Today 17 March 2023
Note: The below teams are not based on the final playing XIs. We may not be able to update these in time. Use the stats and commentary in this article as well as your own instincts to create your teams.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Dream11, Fan2Play offers different contests such as 2, 3 and 4-player fantasy teams. Check out and download the app here.
- Wicket-keepers: Alyssa Healy, Yastika Bhatia
- Batters: Harmanpreet Kaur
- All-rounders: Hayley Matthews, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Tahlia McGrath
- Bowlers: Saika Ishaque, Sophie Ecclestone
WPL 2023 Match 15: MI-W vs UP-W Match Prediction – Who will win?
UP Warriorz are capable of springing an upset as they have star players, but Mumbai should be too strong.