IND vs AUS 1st ODI Dream11 Prediction & Fan2Play Possible 11 Pitch Report | IND vs AUS 1st ODI Dream11 Prediction Today | Mumbai Pitch Report
After an intriguing Border-Gavaskar Trophy, the focus now shifts to the 50-over format. Both teams will look to get an idea of their combinations for the upcoming World Cup later in the year. India are a formidable side in ODIs, whitewashing New Zealand in their last ODI assignment two months ago.
Australia also whitewashed England in their last ODI series in November last year. They were clinical throughout the series, but they came up against an England side who had just won the T20 World Cup. Here there are going to be a few key players absent for Australia, including their regular captain Pat Cummins, so how they respond will be interesting to see.
ALSO READ: What do fans think about the future of ODI cricket?
- Location: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
- Time: 1:30pm (IST).
- For more cricket fixtures around the world, visit Fixture Calendar.
IND vs AUS 1st ODI 2023 Possible Playing XIs
India will be without their captain Rohit Sharma for the first rubber. Hardik Pandya will lead the side. Expect Ishan Kishan to open with Shubman Gill. Ravindra Jadeja will be in the mix again.
India: 1. Shubman Gill, 2. Ishan Kishan, 3. Virat Kohli, 4. Suryakumar Yadav, 5. KL Rahul (wk), 6. Hardik Pandya (c), 7. Ravindra Jadeja, 8. Yuzvendra Chahal, 9. Mohammed Shami, 10. Mohammed Siraj, 11. Umran Malik
Steven Smith will captain Australia in the absence of Pat Cummins. David Warner and Glenn Maxwell are set to return.
Australia: 1. Travis Head, 2. David Warner, 3. Steven Smith (c), 4. Marnus Labuschagne, 5. Glenn Maxwell, 6. Cameron Green, 7. Alex Carey (wk), 8. Marcus Stoinis, 9. Mitchell Starc, 10. Adam Zampa, 11. Sean Abbott/Nathan Ellis
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Shubman Gill has been in sublime form this year. He has made 567 runs at a magnificent average of 113.40 and a strike rate of 126.28 in ODIs in 2023. Gill has also made two centuries and one double century.
- Virat Kohli always performs against Australia in ODIs. In 41 innings, he has made 2,083 runs at an average of 54.81 and a strike rate of 96.34 against. He’s also struck eight centuries.
- KL Rahul at No. 5 in ODIs: 658 runs, avg. 50.61, SR. 102.17. He has made six fifties and a century at this number.
- Hardik Pandya has made 232 runs at an average of 38.66 and a strike rate of 96.66 in ODIs since 2022. He has also snared 11 wickets at an average of 23.27 and an economy rate of 5.44.
- Mohammed Siraj has picked up the most number of wickets (25) in the powerplay since 2022, with an average of 13.84 and a strike rate of 22.08. Siraj will be crucial for India in this phase again.
- David Warner has accumulated 990 runs at an average of 52.10 and a strike rate of 96.67 against India in ODIs. He has also made six fifties and three centuries.
- Steven Smith has made 1,123 runs at an average of 62.38 and a strike rate of 105.05 against India in ODIs. He has also amassed 5 fifties and as many centuries, including two 62-ball hundreds in 2020.
- Glenn Maxwell is returning from an injury but will play a vital role in providing balance to the side. He had a strike rate of 119.43 and a BpB of 6.02 in 2022. He also took nine wickets at an economy rate of 4.90 last year.
- Adam Zampa took 30 wickets at a terrific average of 17.53 and a strike rate of 21.07 last year. His average and strike rate were the best among all the players in the Top 10 teams (minimum 20 wickets).
- Mitchell Starc looked threatening in the two matches against England last year. He took five wickets, which included a 4-fer in the 2nd ODI.
Other Stats and Facts
- Head-to-head: Matches 143, Australia 80, India 53, N/R 10.
- Shubman Gill has the highest average (113.40) and the third-highest strike rate (126.28) among batters this year (minimum 200 runs).
- Adam Zampa has dismissed Virat Kohli five times in 11 innings in ODIs.
Wankhede Stadium Mumbai Pitch Report and Weather
The surface in Wankhede has always been good for batting. The ball comes nicely on the bat, and there is some extra bounce as well. The average first innings score here is 293 in the last five matches. The team batting first have won only once in the previous five games.
The temperatures are expected to be around 33°C during the day, which will fall as the day ends.
IND vs AUS 1st ODI Dream11 Prediction Today 17 March 2023
Note: The below teams are not based on the final playing XIs. We may not be able to update these in time. Use the stats and commentary in this article as well as your own instincts to create your teams.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Dream11, Fan2Play offers different contests such as 2, 3 and 4-player fantasy teams. Check out and download the app here.
- Wicket-keeper: KL Rahul
- Batters: Virat Kohli, Shubman Gill, Steven Smith
- All-rounders: Hardik Pandya
- Bowlers: Adam Zampa
IND vs AUS 1st ODI 2023 Match Prediction – Who will win?
Both India and Australia are strong teams, so expect a competitive match. India might win the game because they have a superior bowling unit. Australia are missing their key bowlers – Pat Cummins and Josh Hazlewood – which weakens their bowling attack comparatively.