GG-W vs UP-W Dream11 Prediction & Fan2Play Possible 11 Pitch Report: WPL 2023 Match 17 | GG-W vs UP-W Dream11 Prediction Today | Brabourne Pitch Report
Gujarat Giants’ season started in terrible fashion with a heavy defeat to Mumbai Indians and injury to star player Beth Mooney. It hasn’t got much better since, with the latest loss coming with 27 balls to spare against RCB despite scoring a very healthy 188/4 themselves.
As a result, the Giants are all-but-out of the running for the WPL 2023 playoffs due to their net run rate of -2.511. However, with pride on the line, how do the Giants muster up the performance to bounce back after such a remarkable onslaught by the legendary Sophie Devine?
For UP Warriorz, they can seal their passage into the top three with victory here. With pitches beginning to aid spin, the Warriorz’s excellent array of tweakers did their thing over the weekend as they became the first team to beat Mumbai Indians this season.
So, form says UP Warriorz will win. But, we know that is not how T20 cricket goes. A strong performance on the day is vital for Alyssa Healy’s team with a playoffs’ spot right there waiting for them.
- Location: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai.
- Time: 3:30pm (IST).
- For more cricket fixtures around the world, visit Fixture Calendar.
WPL 2023 Match 17: GUJ-W vs UP-W Possible Playing XIs
Gujarat Giants: 1. Sophia Dunkley, 2. Laura Wolvaardt, 3. Harleen Deol, 4. Ashleigh Gardner, 5. D Hemalatha, 6. S Meghana, 7. Ashwani Kumari, 8. Sneh Rana (c), 9. Sushma Verma (wk), 10. Tanuja Kanwar, 11. Kim Garth
UP Warriorz: 1. Alyssa Healy (c & wk), 2. Devika Vaidya, 3. Kiran Navgire, 4. Tahlia McGrath, 5. Grace Harris, 6. Deepti Sharma, 7. Sophie Ecclestone, 8. Simran Shaikh, 9. Parshavi Chopra, 10. Anjali Sarvani, 11. Rajeshwari Gayakwad
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Harleen Deol is Gujarat’s leading run-scorer in WPL 2023. She has struck scores of 67, 20, 22, 31 and 12* in her past five innings.
- Laura Wolvaardt has scored two half-centuries in three matches this season. Overall, she has 126 runs to her name at an average of 42.00 and strike rate of 141.57.
- Ashleigh Gardner is Giants’ second-highest scorer (144) and joint-leading wicket-taker (9).
- Kim Garth took a memorable 5/36 against UP Warriorz earlier this season. This included the dismissals of Alyssa Healy, Kiran Navgire and Tahlia McGrath.
- Grace Harris is a genuine X-Factor player. She smashed a 26-ball 59* to seal a memorable win against Gujarat earlier this season. Also, she is coming off a vital 28-ball 39 against Mumbai.
- Alyssa Healy is UP Warriorz’s leading run-scorer in WPL 2023: 6 inns, 194 runs, avg. 38.80, SR 148.09.
- Tahlia McGrath took advantage of early luck against Mumbai, but showed her class once again in her 25-ball 38. Overall this season, McGrath has hit 180 runs at an average of 45.00 and strike rate of 156.52.
- Sophie Ecclestone is even more dangerous now that the pitches are slower and taking more spin. She is the equal-leading wicket-taker in WPL 2023 with 12 at an economy of just 6.12.
Other Stats and Facts
- UP Warriorz (175/7) chased Gujarat’s 169/6 with one to ball to spare in their previous meeting.
- Warriorz score at just 6.30 runs per over in the powerplay this season. The corresponding figure for Giants is 6.38. These are the worst figures in WPL 2023.
- Giants have conceded 9.35 runs per over in the powerplay – the worst of any team. An opportunity awaits Healy and co. to get a quick start.
Brabourne Stadium Mumbai Pitch Report and Weather
The pitches may be getting slower, but Brabourne is still a belter as the Gujarat-RCB match showed. However, the day game means the ball is less likely to skid onto the bat in the absence of dew, so the spinners should have a say in this clash.
The average first innings score in the last five games is 158.8. The team batting second won three of them, but batting first can have its advantages in this afternoon clash.
A warm and mostly clear day is forecast, with a top of about 31 degrees.
WPL 2023 Match 17: GUJ-W vs UP-W Dream11 Prediction Today
Note: The below teams are not based on the final playing XIs. We may not be able to update these in time. Use the stats and commentary in this article as well as your own instincts to create your teams.
If you’re looking for an alternative to Dream11, Fan2Play offers different contests such as 2, 3 and 4-player fantasy teams. Check out and download the app here.
- Wicket-keepers: Alyssa Healy
- Batters: Grace Harris, Laura Wolvaardt
- All-rounders: Tahlia McGrath, Ashleigh Gardner
- Bowlers: Sophie Ecclestone
WPL 2023 Match 17: GUJ-W vs UP-W Match Prediction – Who will win?
UP Warriorz should prevail with a victory.