GT vs MI Dream11 Prediction Possible 11 Pitch Report: IPL 2023 Qualifier 2 | MI vs GT Dream11 Prediction Today | Ahmedabad Pitch Report
These two teams met twice in the IPL 2023 league stage, and each had one dominant victory. In April, Gujarat Titans (GT) flexed their muscle and thrashed Mumbai Indians (MI) by 55 runs. In May, in a sign of their continued progress as the season went on, MI returned the favour and dispatched GT by 27 runs.
A one-sided game here will be a surprise. It’s all on the line now as both sides have visions of competing in Sunday’s final against Chennai – a match where storylines can be created for years to come. GT will be seeking to bounce back after their disappointing loss in Qualifier 1, where their decision to bowl first and early no ball dismissal of Ruturaj Gaikwad proved costly. MI, led by Cameron Green and Akash Madhwal, are enjoying a good run, so they come into this match with momentum.
Who will hold their nerve most in the pressure situations? GT have the experience of winning a title as recently as a year ago, while MI skipper Rohit Sharma is more than aware of what’s required to lift the trophy. Focusing on the present is key with the temptation to look ahead to Sunday’s final.
- Date: 26 May 2023.
- Location: Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.
- Time: 7:30pm (IST).
- For more cricket fixtures around the world, visit Fixture Calendar.
IPL 2023 Qualifier 2: GT vs MI Possible Playing XIIs
Will GT stick with Dasun Shanaka? That is one of the big questions facing the defending champions.
Gujarat Titans (possible impact player substitute in bold italic): 1. Wriddhiman Saha (wk), 2. Shubman Gill, 3. Hardik Pandya (c), 4. Vijay Shankar/Dasun Shanaka, 5. David Miller (OS), 6. Rahul Tewatia, 7. Rashid Khan (OS), 8. Darshan Nalkande, 9. Noor Ahmad (OS), 10. Mohammed Shami, 11. Mohit Sharma, 12. Dasun Shanaka/Vijay Shankar
MI look settled and have no reason to change their combinations unless there is injury or illness.
Mumbai Indians (possible impact player substitute in bold italic): 1. Rohit Sharma (c), 2. Ishan Kishan (wk), 3. Cameron Green (OS), 4. Suryakumar Yadav, 5. Tilak Varma, 6. Tim David (OS), 7. Nehal Wadhera, 8. Chris Jordan (OS), 9. Hrithik Shokeen, 10. Piyush Chawla, 11. Akash Madhwal, 12. Jason Behrendorff
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Shubman Gill returns to his favourite ground; he has struck 627 runs in 11 innings at an average of 78.38 and strike rate of 155.58 at Ahmedabad.
- Gill is just eight runs behind current Orange Cap leader Faf du Plessis. The GT opener has hit 335 runs when batting first this season (avg. 67, SR 159.5) and 387 runs batting second (avg. 48.4, SR 141.2).
- Wriddhiman Saha has scored just 26 runs in his past four innings. However, he does have a decent record against MI, with 411 runs in 16 innings at an average of 34.25 and strike rate of 126.07.
- The spotlight is on Hardik Pandya. He has made three single-figure scores in a row soon after scoring runs at a lower strike rate against the likes of DC. Overall, he is striking at 130.26 in IPL 2023.
- David Miller hammered 46 (22) and 41 (26) against MI in the league stage. In 15 matches against MI, Miller has scored 364 runs at an average of 36.40 and strike rate of 141.63.
- Rashid Khan produced one of the great all-round performances a few weeks ago against MI. He took 4/30 and smashed ten sixes with the bat to finish with 79* off 32 balls.
- Expect GT to use Rashid just outside of the powerplay. He dismissed Rohit Sharma and Ishan Kishan at this stage in the previous meeting. In fact, he has dismissed Rohit four times in 26 balls in the IPL.
- Mohammed Shami has overall figures of 2/64 off 54 balls against Rohit. Interestingly, Shami, the Purple Cap holder, has gone wicketless in his past three matches against MI.
- Cameron Green is firing. He hit an important 41 in the Eliminator after thumping a century against SRH. Against seam this season, Green has smashed 259 runs at an average of 51.8 and strike rate of 170.4.
- Suryakumar Yadav smashed a memorable century against GT back on May 12. The right-hander has scored 83, 103*, 7, 25* and 33 in his past five innings.
- Suryakumar has smashed 39 off 19 against Shami in the IPL (one dismissal, SR 205.3). He also has excellent numbers against Rashid Khan: 47 balls, 67 runs, no dismissal.
- Ishan Kishan has never been dismissed against Mohammed Shami (51 balls, 57 runs). Against Rashid Khan, Ishan has scored 76 runs at an average of 38.00 and strike rate of 118.8. So, he may look to target other GT bowlers.
- What an impact Akash Madhwal has had. He has taken 12 wickets in his past four games, including 3/31 against GT where he dismissed Wriddhiman Saha, Shubman Gill and David Miller.
- Piyush Chawla has taken the equal third-most wickets in this IPL (21). 19 of those wickets have come between overs seven and 16.
Other Stats and Facts
- Head-to-head: Matches 3, GT 2, MI 1.
- Since the start of 2022, David Miller has scored 451 runs when chasing in the IPL at an average of 75.2 and strike rate of 148.4.
- Mohammed Shami (26) and Rashid Khan (25) are the top two wicket-takers in IPL 2023.
Narendra Modi Stadium Ahmedabad Pitch Report and Weather
Expect a good batting surface with some movement available with the new ball. The average first innings score is 187.29 in seven matches on this ground in IPL 2023. Interestingly, the team batting first has won the past four games, so there may be a temptation to bat first.
A mostly clear and hot night is forecast.
IPL 2023 Qualifier 2: GT vs MI Dream11 Prediction Today Match 26 May
Note: The below teams are not based on the final playing XIs. We may not be able to update these in time. Use the stats and commentary in this article, as well as your own instincts, to create your teams.
Looking for a Dream11 alternative? Try OffTrade Live Fantasy Cricket
Want to join a new and exciting fantasy sports platform? Try OffTrade – the app that lets you pick the best-performing players without the need for a full 11-player team! Plus, with 0% commission fees on the prize pool, you can win big without losing out. Visit the website here to see a video of the app and download it today.
There is a special pool for CricBlog readers! Sign up now and get free credits to start playing.
IPL 2023 Qualifier 2: GT vs MI Match Prediction – Who will win?
Tough match to pick. GT have the home ground advantage, but MI have the momentum and form. A score of 175+ batting first can be a winning one.